Mederma Advanced Scar Gel
It is hard to feel yourself when it feels like everyone is staring at your scar. Mederma advanced scar gel brings back your lost confidence because it’s clinically shown to improve the overall appearance, colour and texture of the scars.
Take a charge of your skincare with Mederma Advanced Scar Gel, a convenient, once-daily treatment that is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of scars. It also works for old as well as new scars, scars from burns, cuts, acne and other injuries.
Ingredients of Mederma Scar Gel
Active Ingredients: – Allantoin 0.5% (as skin protectant)
Inactive Ingredients: – Water (Purified), PEG 200, Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance
Directions for Use
- Apply a thin layer of Mederma gel.
- Gently massage it onto the scars until there is no shiny, wet or sticky feeling left.
- If your skin appears to be dry, or flaky after applying the gel, then you may be using too much.
- Results take time, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t notice any results right away.
- Usually, the users start to see noticeable improvements after about 4 weeks of daily usage, with optimum improvement in 8 weeks.
- It is for external use only.
- Avoid any contact with eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stop using this product and consult your doctor if condition worsens, symptoms last for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.
- Don’t use on deep and puncture wounds, animal bites or serious wounds.
- Keep out of reach of small children. If swallowed, get immediate medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Don’t apply on broken skin.
- Mederma gel should be evenly applied and gently massaged on to the scar1x daily for 8 weeks on newer scars and 3-6 months on older scars.
- Start using the gel right after the new skin has formed, typically two or more weeks after the injury or surgery.
- Make sure all the scab has come off naturally and stitches have been removed.
- You may start using Mederma advanced scar gel for acne on older scars immediately.
Side Effects of Mederma Scar Gel
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using the scar gel, so seek medical help immediately if you experience any of these symptoms- allergic reaction, hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat.
Stop using the topical emollient and call your doctor if you experience any severe burning, stinging, redness or irritation when the product was applied. Less serious side effects are more likely to occur, or you may have none at all.
Mederma is #1 recommended product by doctors and pharmacist for scar care. If you go through any Mederma advanced scar gel reviews, you’ll be amazed to see the results of before and after using the gel.